Tutorial: Stream from Premiere Pro to Pixelview
With the NDI feature in Premiere Pro you can stream to Pixelview without requiring any hardware.
Sign up here to receive your login credentials.
- Apply for login credential in the link above. Wait for us to email you.
- Install NDI tools and OBS.
- Please shut down OBS if you have it open and install the NDI plugin:
- Plugin 1
- In Premiere, open Preferences and Playback and enable NDI output for both video and audio.
- Make sure playback quality is set to Full and not 1/2.
- Open OBS.
- Add a new NDI source, select Premiere and set Latency to Low. Save.
- Right click on the audio meters and select Advanced Audio Properties.
- On the NDI source, set Audio Monitoring to Monitor and Output to get audio in both the stream and your headphones. Save.
- Open settings and click the Stream tab.
- Choose Custom and paste the Server address you’ve received from us. Leave Stream Key blank.
- Go to output and set bitrate. We recommend around 5 Mbit/s (5000 Kbps). Please don’t stream at higher bitrate than 12 Mbit/s.
- Set CPU preset and Tune to “ultrafast” and “zerolatency” for lowest latency.
- Click Start Streaming
- Open the login.pixelview link you received from us and login.
- Click the watch link to view the stream. “Web link with embedded password”.
Use Safari for best quality and latency.
Best color accuracy and quality is in the iPhone, iPad or Apple TV apps. Download Pixelview Playerfrom the app store and enter the Stream ID and Password.
If you are seeing artefacts or other glitches in the stream there are a couple of settings to change.
In the SRT protocol, this parameter is used to mitigate bad network between you and the server. It should be no less than twice the round-trip between encoder and ingest server. Increasing it will lead to slighly longer latency but a more stable stream.
- Add the following to the end of your server URL.
- This will increase the latency from the default 120 ms to 200 ms. You can try with different numbers until you get a stable stream.